Jul 29, 2009

CHRISTIAN PITSCHL



Who are you?
Hi, my name is Christian Pitschl.

What do you do?
I work as a graphic designer, play in the band Chris And The Other Girls, I have recently composed the soundtrack for a movie and I shoot some smaller photo jobs.

Film or Digital?
Film!

Where do you come from?
I was born in Bolzano/Bozen (Italy) in 1983 and moved to Vienna (Austria) at the age of 19. That's were I still live.

Three words that describes your style.
Snapshot. Light. Moment.

What cameras do you like to shoot with?
I have a crazy collection of over 40 analog cameras and it's hard to decide on a few. At the moment I love to shoot with my Nikon F3, Polaroid SX-70, Zenza Bronica GS-1, Olympus Miju II, Yashica Electro 35...

What influences you to do what you do?
It sounds stupid, but I sometimes feel like I don't remember stuff as well as others do so I'm trying to document my everyday life this way. It's like writing a diary somehow...



What music are you into right now?
Wow, hard one, I listen to so much music... I love the new Wilco album, have listened a lot to M. Ward, The Smallest Man On Earth, Bon Iver's For Emma Forever Ago during winter and spring, love Propagandhi, Tom Waits, The Weakerthans, Arcade Fire, Ani DiFranco, The Notwist...

Any advice for other photographers?
Well, I'd say it's important to wait for the right moment. If you shoot digitally and are not super convinced about your pictures, try to go analog. It's more expensive and you'll probably get a better feeling for what/when to shoot and what/when not. Also I only shoot, if I feel the light is right... But yeah, you better ask Ryan McGinley, Lina Scheynius, Valeria Lazareva, Sophia Curtis, Elkie Vanstiphout, Sarah Hermans... :-) (Just to mention a few)

How did you get into photography?
When I was 15 years old my mother got a new SLR and my father gave me his old Pentax Super A with a 50mm/1.7 lens... One and a half years ago I started shooting more often and bought all of those cameras... I made a Flickr account and fell in love with photography.






YOU CAN FIND ME AT:
FLICKR: flickr.com/photos/christianel/
SITE: christianpitschl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment