Jul 22, 2009

CAMERON ALEXANDER



Who are you and where do you come from?
I am Cameron Alexander and I am from the north west of England in a little town full of old people called Nantwich, I will be moving to London in september.

How old are you and what do you do with your life?
I am 18 years young in August. I am a photographer, so that takes up the majority of my time, with study and shooting away, but other than that for almost 2 years i was a columnist for sugar magazine, and I now write my own articles in my spare time until i hopefully get to work with a larger publication in London while i study at university.

How long have you been taking photos for?
Since i was given my first shitty/halfworking camera in 2001, Its only till about 3 years ago that i made it my best friend and career.

Where do you find the most inspiration?
Dirty carpets, mouldy food, people with gappy teeth, terrible tatoos, outsiders, dreams, music and the people in my neighbourhood.



Do you plan many of your photos?
Unless, I am doing fashion, or i have been set a brief for a publication or from my lessons, No i prefer to be completely un a ware of what i want to get untill i actually get it. That way its more exciting.

Which would you rather shoot with.. Film? or Digital?
I do shoot with both -depending on the shots I am aiming for, i.e- fashion [digital] and documentary [film]. But I mainly use film as I think its more authentic that way and what you see is what you get, thats the real beauty of photography.

How would you describe your photographic style in three words?
REAL. HONEST. EXPENSIVE

What interests do you have other than photography?
I also waste my time by: Writing, Running, Singing, Creating odd concocsions of food, Making clothes, Failing on games consoles.

How do you spend your weekends?
Either out shooting, out with the boyfriend, cleaning my room or annoying my mates.

Any new music you've been listening to and you can't get out of your head?
Micheal Jacksons music is everywhere, so I cant seem to shy away from hearing that, and then disposing of it. La roux also seems to be stuck in my head [for all the wrong reasons] and "Whos jocking jay"- by Jay-z




YOU CAN FIND ME AT:
FLICKR: flickr.com/cameronalexander
BLOG: cameronalexander.tumblr.com

1 comment: