Aug 9, 2009

EMMA LLENSA



Who are you and where do you come from?
I'm in/from La Bisbal, Girona (Spain).

How old are you and what do you do with your life?
I'm 23. I'm studying Philosophy & working. Next October I'll be living in Florence for 6 months with a grant. I run Carpaccio Magazine with my lover Maria.

How long have you been taking photos for?
I've been taking photos for 7 years (since when I was 16.

Where do you find the most inspiration?
I find inspiration in poetry (Màrius Sampere, Paul Celan, Andreu Vidal, Baudelaire, Goethe, Rilke,...) and philosophy. Every time I read a poem my mind starts to be filled with images. What I'm trying to do is transform my mental images into photos.

Do you plan many of your photos?
No, I don't plan them. I just like to plan the places and the time. This way I can choose between the sea, the city, the river, the mountain... and I can choose what kind of light appear on my photos.

Which would you rather shoot with.. Film? or Digital?
Both. I love film. I love digital. Sometimes I think I prefer film, however the costs of developing a film make me shoot in digital.
I have to confess that when I shoot with digital I'm an analogic nostalgic.

How would you describe your photographic style in three words?
Conceptual, lightful, loveful.

What interests do you have other than photography?
Poetry, philosophy, my lover & my future with her.



How do you spend your weekends?
Unfortunately I have to work all the weekends... When I don't work I use to go to the beach (winter & summer), to the river with my lover and my dog..

Any new music you've been listening to and you can't get out of your head?
Ólafur Arnalds... (with no words).




YOU CAN FIND ME AT:
FLICKR: flickr.com/photos/florssalvatges/
SITE: florssalvatges.net/
ZINE: carpacciomagazine.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment