Jul 21, 2009

JOE WALKER



Who are you?
I’m Joe or Joseph, depending on how formal you want to be.

How old are you and where do you come from?

I’m eighteen and I live in the UK.

How would you describe your photographic style?
Simple and basic: I don’t use any extra lenses or equipment like a tripod whilst taking photos.

Do you work? study? lounge about?

I think the latter is probably the closest to what I’m doing at the moment; I’ve just finished college and I’m waiting to see if I have got into my university of choice.

Where do you find the most inspiration?

Definitely in my surroundings, that’s probably why I take few photos in England.

How did you get into shooting pictures?
Well, a couple of years ago whilst travelling on holiday I forgot my digital camera, so I had to buy a cheap disposable from a convenience store. When the film was developed, I realised how much I preferred film to digital, the colours were much deeper and brighter!



What would you rather use... film? or digital?
Film! The fun of pulling down the shutter cock and snapping your photos and the excitement of waiting for them to be developed far outweighs the convenience of digital. 



What music are interested in right now?
I love Patrick Wolf’s new album ‘The Bachelor’, it’s fantastic! I’m really into (cheesy) French and Italian 60s pop as well, although you can’t really beat Björk!


If you have any advice for young people that want to get into what you do, what would you tell them?

Put down that digital SLR and get yourself a cheap plastic camera!

Describe your work in 3 words.
Colourful, simple and full-of-little-red-blotches. 






YOU CAN FIND ME AT:


Flickr: flickr.com/photos/fakeyoga

No comments:

Post a Comment