Jul 26, 2009

EMMILY SHAW



Who are you and where do you come from?
My name is Emmily Shaw and I am from the city of Carlsbad in southern CA.

How old are you and what do you do with your life?
I'm a 21 year old graphic design student, part time employed in retail, and a coffee-aholic .

How long have you been taking photos for?
Ever since i was in high school i have loved snapping shots, but i really didn't star enjoying the artistic side of it until more recently. Last year i took a b&w class and learned how to see things that i wouldn't really see before.

Where do you find the most inspiration?
As far as photos go, faces and light have seem to be my most recent muses. But I also love photos with little stories in them.

Do you plan many of your photos?
Mostly no. I think the majority of the pictures i take are from adventures friends and i take, or just random moments where i just so happen to have a camera on me.

Which would you rather shoot with.. Film? or Digital?
Film! it has so much more character. I'm actually mildly obsessed with it right now. One of my favorite things is developing a role and getting some of the images back with killer light leaks in them. Something digital could never do.



How would you describe your photographic style in three words?
I don't really think i have a style, and if i do I'm unaware of it.

What interests do you have other than photography?
I love design and painting. I grew up around art so I love creating things. Thats one of the reasons I love to take pictures, its like almost instant art.

How do you spend your weekends?
I mostly work on the weekends. But when I'm off I usually try to be around friends. Laziness, Starbucks, adventures, street fairs and having fun doing nothing have been recent weekends.

Any new music you've been listening to and you can't get out of your head?
Right now I cant stop listening to Beirut, Cold War Kids, MewithoutYou, Mew and any band from Iceland.




FLICKR: flickr.com/photos/greyowl/
WEB ADDRESS: greyowl.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment