Oct 4, 2009

JOE SHARPE



Who are you and where do you come from?
My name is Joseph Sharpe and I come Macclesfield just outside Manchester.

How old are you and what do you do with your life?
I'm 19 and I am currently studying Photography at Manchester Met University, where I live and try to work.

How long have you been taking photos for?
From a very early age, but I only realised my love for it a few years ago, after a holiday to France, photographs always felt like special objects to me.

Where do you find the most inspiration?
I'm interested in everything and everyone around me, friends mainly as well as today's youth culture. My love for music equals my love for photography, lyrics and strange sounds seem to inspirer me a lot. Memories help.

Do you plan many of your photos?
Not a lot, no. I feel planning an image takes away the idea of photography for me, though I understand planning for shoots is vital, in my opinion photography is about capturing the interesting unplanned moments which happen in my life.



Which would you rather shoot with.. Film? or Digital?
Film every time. I've got a digital camera but I don't use it, unless it's needed. I love vintage cameras. I love the mechanically sounds that come from traditional cameras. I can't wait to get my Nikon F!

How would you describe your photographic style in three words?
Simple//Snap//Shots

What interests do you have other than photography?
Nothing really interests me as much. Although I love art as a whole, good music, my friends&family and basketball now and then.

How do you spend your weekends?
I spend my weekends trying to get hold of some money to have a good weekend. Taking photos when I get a chance and generally spending time with people who are important to me. I don't sleep much.

Any new music you've been listening to and you can't get out of your head?
I get most of my new music from friends but here's some songs that are blooming brilliant.
16 bit - twice (little dragon)
Doves - jetstream
Bibio - fire ant
nouvelle vague - dance with me.




YOU CAN FIND ME AT:
FLICKR: flickr.com/joe_sharpe
BLOG: eatingmygreens.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment